Thursday, August 11, 2011

50 Days and Counting...

In the famous words of Etta James, "Aaaaat Laaaast..." - I finally got my wedding invitations mailed out. After nearly 3 months of production time and approximately 9 hrs of final assembly time with 2 people helping, this huge project is off my plate. Yes, I know, it was entirely self-imposed...but I had a vision, and inspiration to create a memorable invitation, don't ask me why.

Anyways, I want to give a big shout-out to my awesome sister Andrea and our friend Allison who helped me out. It would have easily taken me a week to assemble them by myself. I felt bad enough as they were supposed to go out at the beginning of July but due to my Mom's unforeseen health crisis that consumed my spare time the last week of June through the 2nd week of July, it kind of made it impossible. I may have lost some etiquette points, but whatever, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Now with that madness behind me, I am attacking the massive list of remaining things to do with determination and ferocity. My goal, like most brides, is to minimize the stress during the week of the wedding. Hopefully, with some cooperation and organization on my part, I can make this happen.

This weekend I hope to finally conquer the cake situation. I'm kind of to the point of not caring, as every bakery has been a disappointment, either they have limited, unappealing options or they are way out of my budget. I am picking up samples today from a bakery near the reception site. Saturday, I meet with their wedding coordinator to discuss pricing and other options. I'm bringing my checkbook as I think I'll just choose something and be done with it.

I'm not going to list all the stuff left on my list, just thinking about it is exhausting. But I'm confident it'll all come together...it has to, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment