Saturday, January 9, 2010

So it begins...

Ah, the first post. It feel so fresh and clean! This blog has yet to be tainted by my pedantic thoughts, broad generalizations, and delusions of grandeur! Enjoy it while it lasts, dear reader. Because I have a feeling this blog may become a vile cesspool of wedding banter.

I should mention right away that I generally hate weddings. Rather, I hate most wedding STUFF. Particularly all the obnoxiously over-priced products, services, traditions, hype and wedding-related crap shoved down our throats from the time we can walk till the time we stumble down the aisle.

I hate most BRIDES. They are often horrifying, puzzling pieces of work. I have observed close to 20 years of wedding stupidity. Family, friends and total strangers have not escaped my scrutinizing eye. So I am fairly confident that I've got a solid understanding and awareness about becoming a *shudder* B-R-I-D-E.

Of course, I never imagined that I would even get married. From the time I was a teen, I had a real self-image problem. Well, it was more of a belief that finding a man who would love me enough to want to spend the rest of his life with me was a veritable impossibility. I mean, fat girls aren't supposed to feel beautiful, find happiness and marry, right?

But then I started shedding my angsty, jaded, protective shell, much to my chagrin. I hate to admit it, but I owe it all to my fiance, Dan. He has helped me change my whole perception of myself and the world around me. I'm suddenly looking forward to the future rather than dreading it!

But that still doesn't mean I am a bright little ray of sunshine. I am a cranky, hot mess most of the time. But I am in love. A hot mess in love. Maybe that should have been the name of this blog.

Anyways, Dan and I officially became engaged a few weeks ago. Now my inner event planner has become intrigued by the challenge of planning and executing a somewhat non-conventional wedding. Hence the creation of the blog. I felt I needed a place to track my thoughts and experiences as they happen.

So here goes nothing...

1 comment:

Post a Comment