Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My sights are set...

Well, I have a date in mind. It hit me like a bolt of lightning about a week ago. I was clicking through my Outlook calendar at work, checking a date for a conference my company usually attends.

Now, I've already accepted the fact that the wedding wouldn't take place until next year at the *earliest*. But as I think I mentioned before, I'd prefer if it wasn't any later than next year.

So I got to September 2011. And to my surprise and delight, the 10th falls on a Saturday - PERFECT! Are you ready for this?

Our wedding date would be...9-10-11!!!!

The numerological nerd in me jumped with joy. How friggin' perfect would that date be for a wedding!?!?

Not only that, how easy would it be to remember? Especially for Dan who is terrible at remembering dates! I also have a penchant for 'easy to remember' dates. For example, I was born in 1980. So, every 10 years...I am another 10 years. I dunno, I'm a dork, what can I say?

So I excitedly, but hesitantly, ran it past him. He raised an eyebrow but then said the words I dreaded, "I dunno..."

I pouted and asked why. He claims that he has his family to consider, as the date is very close to "9/11". Since he has a military family, the date has more significance to them than other people. Also, it may require them to participate in parades or ceremonies that often happen around that date.

Well, SHIT.

I whined a bit more and then dropped it. He said he would think about it though. And maybe with a few more logistical discussions, perhaps involving his family, I'll get this super-amazing-awesome-once-in-a-lifetime wedding date.

Feel free to cross your fingers for me or send anonymous threats to Dan...

No comments:

Post a Comment